May 4, 2016

10 things to think about before getting a pixie cut


#1 IT WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE
no matter how many images i've given the hair dresser, they can't make me look like the person in the picture. this is the second time i've had a pixie, and  believe me, i've given photo after photo to every hairdresser. i think when choosing out a cut we like, we forget that we don't actually look like Emma Watson, or Jenifer Lawrence, so we're disappointed when we look total opposite. keep that in mind before you chop your locks off.

#2 YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT GONNA LIKE IT AT FIRST
you may be an emotional wreck. both times i've gone to pixie, i cried many tears. 
the fear of looking like a boy, the fact that my ears were on display or other peoples disapproving looks made me feel terrible. i've learned though, that the pixie straight outta the salon is probably not gonna be your favorite. once a pixie starts to grow a little bit, it looks way better. at the moment my pixie has already grown and i'm liking it a whole lot more. 

#3 GROWING OUT A PIXIE CAN BE AGONIZING 
when i finally decided to grow out my first pixie, it felt like it was taking a lifetime! it's a very awkward stage of having short hair on one side, long hair in the back etc, etc... it takes awhile, so you will need to keep it as even as you possibly can. 

#4 BLONDE PIXIES ARE DIFFERENT THAN BROWN PIXIES
the first time i got a pixie, i was almost platinum blonde- which i loved. however, blonde hair has the downside of making your features look more washed out. i've heard several hair dressers say that dark hair pixies are better, because blonde is too transparent. i defiantly think i am enjoying my dark brown hair pixie better than my blonde. 

#5 MORE MAKE UP!
i don't necessarily wear make up every day. i like to rub my eyes a lot, so eye makeup is hard for me to wear. however, with a pixie i try to wear more make-up. i try to amp up my accessories as well. i also don't really like wearing my "bum" clothes out and about now, because i look more boyish in them.

#6 LOTS OF HAIR APPOINTMENTS
thankfully, i don't have dye in my hair this time, so i'm not having to make frequent salon stops to get my roots covered up. however, i still will need to get a trim every few weeks. i think i'm going to let my pixie grow out a little more, and then start trimming. i once let my pixie grow out into the oddest look- i didn't trim the back at all, so i had a mini bob in the back and a shorter bob on my side. -__-

#7 PIXIES ARE EASY AND FUN
i like my pixie. they're fun and cute, and i actually feel more mature with a pixie than i do longer hair. i now actually look my age. ;) 

#8 DAY OLD PIXIE IS THE BEST
i like day old pixies the best. i've always preferred showering every day, but now with a pixie, i don't like to as much because straight outta the shower pixie is flat. it actually takes more work to style it straight out of the shower. i like to put mousse in my hair when i get out of the shower, and then when dry, i put dry shampoo in. i always put dry shampoo in before bed too- which works wonders. it gives my pixie a fuller and more texturized look.

#9 I HAVE A COW LICK?!
you will discover after your first night, that you have a bajillion cowlicks and they don't really like to be messed with. 


#10 STUDY YOUR FACE SHAPE
not every face is meant for a pixie! really study your face shape, and play around with apps/editing websites to kinda give you an idea of what a pixie may look like on you.  however, even if you don't have "the right face shape" and you still are determined to do it- DO IT!! ;) Really study what kind of pixie you want. make a collage of pictures and words that you are shooting for- and then make one for what you are NOT shooting for. want feminine and petite? ginnifer goodwin! want edgy and sass? p!nk !

hope these few tips help you decide the future course of your hair. ;) if you have, or have had a pixie, comment below with any other tips i may have left out. :D

xx morg

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tips. I've always wanted a pixie cut, but haven't been quite brave enough. XD One of these days I'll go for it...

    ReplyDelete