Apr 22, 2016

respect yourself

i don't respect my car.

my brother (or possibly sister?) and i were driving around awhile back, and we stopped for some ice cream (or lunch... i can't remember.)
while we were tearing into our food, (we're still in my car) my sister (or brother) started throwing the trash down into my floorboard,  and said; "i like that i don't have to pick up after myself in your car, because you don't!"

my first reaction was to get angry- get your freaking trash off my floor!
but before saying or communicating anything, i realized she (he) was right.

i don't respect my car. it stinks, and has trash floating in the floorboard. it's dusty, and i rarely wash it.
i usually straighten it up when i'm nannying- so my poor kids will be able to move.
but she (he) was right. i don't respect my car.

all in this moment, of my sister (brother) throwing trash down, i started to think about how similar this situation is to us as humans.
if you don't respect yourself, nobody else will either.
if you dump trash on yourself, other people will too- and laugh about it! in response to this, we will get angry at the person participating. this would all be very confusing to the person on the receiving end...
i just threw trash in your floorboard, because you threw trash in your floorboard... i didn't know you didn't like it!

don't throw trash on yourself- or your neighbors!
and respect your car as well. ;)
me and my favorite (only) brother. ;)

xx morg

3 comments:

  1. That's a really good post! And it is so true. If we don't respect ourselves, others won't either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so so true. Thank you for the beautiful post! <3

    Sophia xx
    lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com
    theinkpotgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I nominated you for the text tag on my blog if you're interested. :)

      Delete