Nov 13, 2015

Photography 101 (haha jk, but maybe)

Hi, y'all!
Lately I've been thinking a lot about sharing my experiences and what I've learned with beginner photographers. I just want to say upfront- I AM NOT THE GURU OF PHOTOGRAPHY.
I still have lots and lots to learn. But I can say, after having my business for the past three years, and getting more and more busy with it, I have learned enough to get you going.

I have been trying to figure out how to share/help others with this. I've had the idea of starting a youtube channel/ weekly blog posts, but I need some questions! There is so much involved with photography it's hard for me to pick ONE thing to start with. I'm trying to remember what I needed to learn first when I opened my Nikon d3100 for the first time. The answer; EVERYTHING. I was so overwhelmed with the amount of learning I needed.
I'm thankful that God helped me (in SO, SO, SO many ways) and I'm thankful He helped me push through the struggles of getting to where I am today- still not exactly where I want to be, but GOING there.

So, beginner photographers, I need your help! What is something you are struggling with? What do you want to learn about? Ask anything and everything, and I will try my best to help you.

Thanks, guys! Looking forward to hearing from you~
^^Special thanks to Peak Photography^^
xx Morg

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! Here are some questions I'd love to know the answers to. Thanks. <3
      Any go-to poses or ideas for natural looking ones?
      Do you have any ideas for posing people and making it less awkward?
      How do you help camera shy people more comfortable?

      Delete
    2. Thank you Eve! I will get on answering these questions ASAP!

      Delete
    3. Eve, are you wanting to know poses for couples or just one person- like seniors?

      Delete
  2. oh coolly!! :D
    Here are some questions I remember having when I was learning>
    Camera settings and what do they mean?
    Best time of day for lighting?
    Good angles and composition specifically for portraits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, angles and composition; also general framing! Camera pricing, what kind of cameras you recommend with current prices and links would be amazing. Also some tips on editing digitally would be nice. :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you R. and E.! I shall get on this asap!

      Delete