Jan 12, 2014

starry mobile tutorial

i've seen all kind of mobiles floating around pinterest and have been wanting to make one of my own.
i had a spur of the moment urge to start crafting, and since i like stars and crescent moons so much i decided that would be my theme. :)
what you will need~
  • cardboard
  • scissors
  • silhouettes of your choice
  • paint
  • pen
  • string
  • stick
  • sander
i printed off a few outlines of a star an a crescent moon and began tracing the outline onto the cardboard.





i used a sharpie to outline the stars.

 i mixed the desired paint and did both sides of my star.
 i then stole matt's sander and set to work...
even though he finished it for me ;)
 the lovely sanded stick.
 i punched some holes in the center points.
and voila, tie your string to your stick and hang from your ceiling!
i will be placing mine above my bed :D
i was originally going to paint my stick, but i thought the brown and the yellow/ blue colors mixed well.
and because i'm sentimental/ nostalgic, i had my mom put her fingerprint in one of my stars ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment