Aug 26, 2013

Michigan Day 1

it was four am, and i heard the thumping of footsteps above me. i saw light start to crack through my ceiling, and then my little sister came in.
"time to get up"
"okaaaaaaaaay" i was ready and excited.
"you have more energy at four in the morning then you do at 8:30!"

we packed up. we took the dogs out. we unplugged everything. we got in the car.
and left.
we got to cumming and stopped for breakfast. the manager at mcdonalds was from Michigan, and thought he'd give us our meal free. we were cool with that. ;)


it didnt take to long getting to tennessee. i don't really remember it that well, cause i was half asleep.
but i do remember matt saying as soon as we got in the car, he was going to bed.
matt: (gets in car, everyones quiet) "I LOVE MY PILLOW, I LOVE MY PILLOW YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?! BECAUSE I'M BATMAN! THERE IS JUICE IN THIS CUP, WAIT WHO IS THE POISONER?!"









..........

tennessee only took a few hours, and then we hit Kentucky. which is beautiful by the way. the great Jennifer Lawrence state ;) took much longer. we made a fe bathroom stops, but not many.
and then we hit the dreaded Indiana. i have nothing against Indiana. but it is such a long drive, and all you see on both sides of the roads is corn.





























we stopped for mcdonalds ice cream, which is waaaay cheaper in Indiana guys.

and then. we saw it. the WELCOME TO MICHIGAN sign.
so. so. so. happy.
it only took us thirty minutes to get to my grandparents house. but my dad took a detour through his old neighborhood, his old school, all the places he played baseball in etc. that was cool.
and then i saw a familiar sight.
my grandparents house...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad your travels went well. I love all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete